Member benefits include:
FLORIDA RETIREMENT SYSTEM PLAN
- Investment Plan - Member is fully vested and eligible for benefits after 1 year.
- Pension Plan - Member is fully vested and eligible for benefits after 8 years. Benefits based on length of service, percentage value and average of five highest years of compensation.
Sworn members classified as Special Risk receive higher percentage value and qualify for full benefits when:
Civilian employees classified as Regular qualify for full benefits when:
- Age 65 and at least 8 years of creditable service; or
- 33 years of creditable service, any age.
Sworn members are eligible for up to $130.00 monthly in state education incentive payments as follows:
- 2-year degree: $30.00 monthly; or
- 4-year degree: $80.00 monthly and/or
- Approved law enforcement performance-enhancing courses: $20.00 monthly for each 80 hours instruction.
Full-time members are granted the following paid leave benefits:
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Funeral Leave
- Military Leave
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM
Program provides members with reimbursement of tuition costs for education from a regionally accredited college/university.
HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS
DENTAL INSURANCE PLANS
VISION INSURANCE PLANS
Sheriff provides $15,000 free Term Life policy. Member may purchase additional coverage on self and dependents through payroll deduction.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
Reduce taxable income through contributions to Medical Reimbursement account as well as through insurance Premium Conversion.
SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PLANS
Various supplemental plans available at member cost through payroll deduction.
DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLANS
Reduce income taxes and build supplemental retirement capital with deferred compensation plan. A variety of investment options including mutual funds are available through payroll deduction.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Confidential counseling services available for members and for family members. Includes personal, credit, stress, marital and other counseling services.
WORKERS' COMPENSATION BENEFITS
Sheriff pays 100% of premiums. Provides income protection for members injured on the job. Sheriff pays salary for first 40 hours not covered by Worker's Compensation.
Uniforms, weapons and equipment provided; clothing allowance (for eligible officers); take-home vehicles (sworn officers); and others.