The Highlands County Sheriff's Office, General Services Department, is responsible for the purchase of products and services for the Highlands County Sheriff's Office. This includes all aspects of the purchasing cycle from the receipt of a requisition to the issuance of a Purchase Order or Contract. The General Services Office is located in its own building behind the Sheriff's Administrative offices and beside the Jail Kitchen at 434 Fernleaf Ave in Sebring, Florida. The General Services Department is open for business from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. We ask that appointments be made whenever possible for vendors. The General Services Department can be reached during business hours at 863.402.7266. We invite all businesses to participate in the Highlands County Sheriff's Office Purchasing process.
The General Services Department is committed to procuring goods and services in the most efficient and effective manner, in order to achieve the best price and consistent quality needed to meet the requirements of the Sheriff's Office.
- The General Services Department shall seek to maximize the purchasing power of public funds, while promoting fair and open competition.
- The General Services Department shall work together to create innovative approaches to the procurement process for the benefit of our customers and the Sheriff's Office.
- The General Services Department shall follow a strict code of ethics, avoiding the appearance of and preventing the opportunity for favoritism.
The General Services Department is committed to carrying out the following best business practices:
- Procure goods and services in accordance with the quality, quantity, and delivery requirements of the requisitioning user.
- Procure items at the lowest cost that quality, quantity, delivery, and safety objectives permit.
- Organize and use the total buying power of the Sheriff's Office in a manner that will yield maximum benefit.
- Study markets to analyze prices, evaluate vendors, identify methods of reducing costs through improved specifications and supervision of supply sources, and recommend changes in products and in order quantities when conditions warrant.
- Seek, develop, and maintain reliable sources of supply that will create and encourage competitive bidding and free and open competition.
- Maintain good vendor relations in order to promote the Sheriff's Office reputation for fair dealing.